In an effort to protect the SMS communication channel and prevent spam, robo-texts, and malicious content, the U.S. mobile carriers are requiring all local (10DLC) phone numbers to be registered in the Campaign Registry to verified and vetted senders. Unregistered SMS traffic will be severely limited by throughput, deliverability, and cost.
What is 10DLC ?
A SANCTIONED ENVIRONMENT
10 Digit Long Code (10DLC) is the new standard for Application-to-Person (A2P) text messaging utilizing a traditional 10 digit phone number. Although similar to the existing long code, 10DLC is a reliable messaging channel with throughput levels suitable for SMS campaigns and is sanctioned by the mobile operators for A2P messaging.
What is The Campaign Registry?
The Campaign Registry is the central hub for registering A2P 10DLC messaging campaigns.
TCR™ works with North American mobile operators and companies that are in the messaging business to register Application-to-Person (A2P) text messaging Campaigns. The registry supports a sanctioned A2P 10 Digit Long Code (10DLC) text messaging Campaign ecosystem and provides visibility into the messaging source and content, allowing mobile carriers to provide a more reliable and simple messaging service for Campaign Service Providers (CSPs) and Brands
Colligso and TCR
Colligso is a registered Campaign Service Provider (CSP) of The Campaign Registry. A CSP is the primary user of TCR. A CSP such as Colligso works with multiple Brands to create and launch SMS messaging Campaigns. Businesses can register their brand and campaigns to the Campaign Registry via Colligso. Colligso allocates 10DLC phone number to each registered business.
When should you register brand and campaigns?
- If you are seeking reliable messaging channel with throughput levels suitable for SMS campaigns and something that is sanctioned by the mobile operators for A2P messaging, 10DLC phone number is the best choice. To use 10DLC phone number, you would need to register your business brand and campaigns.
- Secondly, premium features such as picture messaging (MMS) are only available on 10DLC phone number.
How It Works
TCR requires businesses to register their brand using their business tax identification information in order to send high throughput SMS messages.
- Businesses and leaders submit their required identifying information from their Colligso account (Business->Settings).
- Once the brand is successfully validated by TCR (mostly within minutes), Colligso would provision a 10DLC number for the business.
- Colligso would also register default campaign for bulk opt-in and order notification.
- Business can now create Text and Text Hashtag campaigns.
- Register the campaign once you are sure about the messaging including the optional image.
- Wait for registration to be approved before activating the campaign. Usually TCR gives gives approval in minutes.
- Once approved, don't forget to activate the campaign. Activate action is disabled till the campaign is approved.
- Since you cannot change the campaign after registration with TCR, we recommend registering campaigns at least 30 minutes before you want the campaign to execute. Earlier the better.
Does TCR charge any additional costs?
Following describes the cost of brand and campaign registration as of 2022. All registration costs would be passed to the business by Colligso.
p.s. Registration costs for the accounts provisioned via our point of sale partners would be slightly higher than described above. In order to avoid monthly charges for the campaigns, we recommend deactivating and unregistering campaigns once they are executed.