How registration works?
Following graphics describes high level steps involved in enabling businesses to send text messages to their customers.
Following steps describe how to register brands and text campaigns from your Colligso account.
1. Brand Registration
Following information is REQUIRED for brand registration (one-time task). Some of this information is also used while registering each campaign.
- Business information
- Business admin information
- Full name, Email address, Mobile number
Following steps describe how to register your brand.
- Businesses and leaders submit their required identifying information from their Colligso account (Business->Settings). Use dropdown to select appropriate Vertical and Entity Type. Make sure all information is correct when asked.
- Once the brand is successfully validated by TCR (usually within minutes), Colligso would provision a 10DLC number for the business.
- Look for an email notification from Team Colligso in business admin's inbox.
- You can find TCR-assigned brand ID in Business->Settings.
Note: On successful registration of the brand, Colligso would automatically register default campaign (name: checkin, use case: Low Volume) for mobile, bulk opt-in and order notification for your brand so you do not have to.
2. Campaign Registration
Since you cannot change the campaign after registration with TCR, we recommend registering Text campaigns days in advance before you want the campaign to execute (April 2023: the approval from DCA takes up to a week). Earlier the better.
- Open the saved campaign. Verify your text message and image before taking the next step. Once registered, you cannot change the campaign message or the image (if applicable). Make changes if required at this time.
- Click on Register action to register the campaign.
- Wait for the campaign to be approved by TCR and DCA(s)*. Look for an email notification from Team Colligso providing the campaign status. Emails are sent to both the campaign author and the business admin.
- Once your campaign is approved, the Activate action on your campaign would be enabled and TCR-assigned campaign ID would be associated with your campaign. Activate the campaign. Without activation, messages won't be delivered. (April 2023: the approval from DCA takes up to a week)
- If for some reasons, the campaign is not approved, Colligso would include the reason in the email notification. Fix the issues cited. Use Nudge action to nudge the TCR ecosystem to re-review your campaign.
Following diagram describes the general sequence of actions.
Please note the following.
- Business and business admin information registered while registering the brand are used while registering each campaign.
- If brand is registered as charity (not for profit), all the campaigns would be registered for the Charity use case automatically. Otherwise, Colligso assigns the use case Mixed for all Text campaigns by default.
- If campaign schedule is recurring, Colligso enables auto renewal during the registration.
- Deactivate and Unregister campaigns once executed to avoid unnecessary recurring fees from the TCR.
Following describes the fees charged by TCR to Colligso for each brand and campaign registration as of 2023. All fees are passed as-is** to the business by Colligso and are non-refundable.
Brand registration fees
- Brand Registration: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Brand Reverify: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Third-Party Vetting: $40 non-recurring fee per brand
Campaign registration fees
Campaign registration fees vary based on the type of use case. For more details about use cases, see Text Campaign Use Cases.
- Low Volume Mixed: $1.50 monthly recurring charge
- Mixed : $10 monthly recurring charge
- Charity : $3 monthly recurring charge
- Sole Proprietor : $2.00 monthly recurring charge
TCR requires a minimum 3 month initial commitment for every registered campaign. Even if you deactivate/ delete a campaign prior to the end of the initial 3 months, TCR still bills for the remaining minimum commitment. Therefore, Colligso will collect fees for 3 months at the time of successful registration of a campaign (starting May 20, 2023). Also, in order to avoid subsequent (after 3 months) monthly charges for the campaigns, we RECOMMEND deactivating the campaigns once they are executed, deleting of campaign is not necessary, in fact it is good to keep campaigns undeleted for records.
- TCR's collection of the campaign registration fees is independent of the approval of the campaign by upstream CNPs such as DCA. In other words, TCR collects registration fees even if DCA may not approve the campaign!
- **Registration fees for the accounts created by our apps on platforms such as Clover would be higher than listed in this article in order to account for the Clover App Market fees (30%) applied on each transaction made by an app.